Friday, October 17, 2008

Challa..( Loss & Found)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDPowNJ9QoA

Rabbi Shergill is different ..


I am not a Punjabi neither I understand the language but his songs fetters my soul.The melancholy he echoes through some of his songs shatter the hidden illusion which I silently flaunt to myself.
Here I just want to talk about this one particular song..
Challa.
I am listening this song for 20th time and the impact is certainly getting more and more mysterious now
Don’t ask me about the meaning of the song . Just sooth along!!

My interpretation of this steering Song


It’s a serene river flowing between the valleys of crumbled rock
The boatman is lost, His paddle is stolen

Sun is too bright and water crystal are blinding his eye

No tree to tender shadow, no compassion to make him glow

Moon is spiral in it approach

There is no truth till you believe in God’s approach

The boatman prays ..he prays for us

His eyes began a nostalgic journey to draws comparisons for past and what happened to his course

His eyes are still closed

He finds a ring that’s loops from a root and succumb s to a route.

The mystery behind his existence

What he has lost and what he has found

What he has started and what he will end

Rabbism…..Divine!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home