Thursday, March 26, 2009

VIP Road






It’s Friday night and I am moving slowly on the walkway of Marine lines, Mumbai.

The night is dazzling with streetlights and overflowing vehicles .The flashy hoarding on the sideways are continuously flickering ‘mega city ethos ‘ advertisement .With humid air sweating under my nylon shirt, I started contemplating why there is nothing peculiar about Marine Drive , at least for me . I mean no matter how astonishing its exquisiteness is ,no matter how big a land mark it is , no matter how many people has succumbed to its grand remembrance . I actually have never really felt for it.

Now why i never felt for has again a very weird, but a wonderful reason.

All right! I confess..
Whenever I walk upon the marine lines, the first thing which strikes me is, “ ‘C’mon our VIP Road is much and much better than this:”.




I understand it is a regionally biased and totally irrational comparison, but I can’t help being hopelessly in love with Bhopal. No matter how far I travel, where so ever I go, Bhopal is always there for me, somewhere in the near vicinity.

On any given October morning, with mist playing above the serene surface of ‘Bada Talaab’ ,walking on VIP Road can actually lead you towards a heavenly bliss.

‘By GOD!! Its true’

Standing opposite to ‘dhaie seedhi ki masjid ‘ and alluring the astonishing streak of wall arts, I always found my self amidst ‘Bharat Bhavan’s ‘ workshop. Those lovely walls and road paintings can even give ‘Philadelphia wall art’ a run for its money, Now this is not biased !

You start from ‘Rait Ghat , with majestic ‘Gauhar Mahl at your behest, you look in line to find the end horizon .(What a View!.. Awestruck)

The sublime road captivate the real essence of the ‘Sageray Bhopal ..a.k.a Bada talaab ‘ in a way similar when ‘A R Rehman music get more poetic with Gulzar words’.

Its 11.15 pm ,Friday night

You can never get more metaphorical than this feeling of being alone on ‘Lake View Road’, without any scurry sound , your heart and mind in symphony with a view of this long lasting road, decorated in a bridal gown(street light), You along with this great lake in front, fall in love simultaneously with its ember reflection and décor beauty .















‘Guzaarish hain ek raastey ki
Ek halki si hawa aur chotey sey noor ki
Mohabbat ki masjid aur khushnuma Mandir ki

Yaad aayi Badey talab ki ,
Us beetey ehsaas ki, un beetey huey lamho ki
Ek khobsuraat sey raasta ki , Ek khobsuraat sey raasta ki ’

4 Comments:

At March 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

"You
have made that upper lake look high up elevated in our minds.

So highly placed that its little remaining water is overflowing through eyes of the Non Resident Bhopalis!

Jokes apart what you have written is surprisingly and proudly precise.
'hr mnzr hai dilkash mere shehr ka,
ho shab ka andhera ya ujaala sehr ka..'Rajil Hussain."

Vinay

 
At March 29, 2009 at 2:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

after reading this i started missing my bhopal. seriously no place in this world can be as good as bhopal... nice rite-up.

 
At April 2, 2009 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

nice piece of writing brother,.,.,great one,.,

 
At May 6, 2009 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Supriya said...

My fav part of bombay is marine lines...but i have to feel for VIP road and Bhopal after this..:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home